What Does Skadmas Means?
"Skadmas" is a word from one of the 80+ Ethiopian languages called "Amharinya or Amharic" which is an official language of Ethiopia.
The direct translation of the word Skadmas is "Till the horizon" . It is a word that refers to being able to go beyond one's boundary. Crossing boundaries and go far till the horizon.
We believe that this word represent our brand and our mission more than any other word because we are all about helping people to be able to go beyond their small boundaries. To help them to cross the boundary of culture, their perception and "the norm".
Our Brand represents:
- Going Beyond Boundary: Being a free spirit who goes beyond boundary and explores. It is about being open to see new and unique things.
- Open Mindedness: Being open minded to see and learn new things, having an open mind and an eye to see the best out of everyone regardless of their label or one's assumption.
- Changing Lives: Caring for others even though we don't know them or they are not our kind. You don't need to be a Millionaire to change lives and make a difference. All you need is an open mind and a way of thinking that crosses boundaries. because when you are an open minded person who goes and thinks beyond boundary you can make a difference by doing a very simple things. Remember things that are really nothing for you might means the world for others.
- And this is why here in skadmas we do everything in our power to provide our products with an affordable price because we want everyone to be part of this life changing movement and we wanna sell as many of these products as possible because we know what it means to these artists and their families to have even one sell.
HOW CAN I CONDITION MY LEATHER BAGS?
Regular condition your leather bags will protect them from drying out and crack. So It is always a good idea to condition your leather bags before using them. And depending on the dryness and humidity in your climate, apply conditioner at least twice a year, up to once a month or so, to keep your leather bag soft.
- Leather conditioner
- Soft, clean cloth
To condition your leather bag, apply a leather conditioner to a soft clean cloth and gently rub over the entire bag. We recommend using an all-natural leather cream conditioner or oil. Please make sure you hold the bag with a clean hand while conditioning and cleaning it.
Be sure to test your conditioning product in a dark spot before applying on the whole surface, as some products can darken the color of your leather
HOW CAN I CLEAN MY LEATHER BAGS?
Even with proper care, your handbag will get dirty with regular use. Cleaning and conditioning your bag can prevent permanent damage
- Soft, dry or slightly dry cloth
- Suede brush
- White chalk powder
- Leather cleaner
Leather bags are susceptible to absorbing grease and oils so please make sure you’re cleaning your leather with a clean hand.
Do a quick cleaning every other day, briskly wiping the surface of your leather bag with a damp white cotton cloth. Do not use too much water, because leather takes time to dry.
once or twice a year, based on how often you use your leather bag, do a thorough cleaning using a cleaner made specifically made for leather. Rub the leather cleaner into the bag in a circular motion and wipe off with a slightly damp cloth to avoid clogging the pores of the leather.
Note: Please Never use any cleaning product that contains mineral oil, alcohol, ammonia, or bleach-based cleaners or one that is not designed for leather. These kinds of cleaners can damage the surface of your leather bag.
If you notice that your handbag has a stain from food or blood or other small marks, make sure to treat the spot as soon as you can. Many stains can be removed using chalk powder and clean cloth. Grind ordinary white chalk into a powder and apply the powder to the spot. Allow the powder to sit on the mark overnight, and then dust it off with a clean cloth.
If stains occur, use a soft pencil eraser, fine grade sandpaper, or a suede brush to clean stains from your purse. Rub at the stain gently with the eraser until the stain clears. Once it clears, rub-down the purse with a clean towel or brush. Do not use a leather conditioner on suede products.
HOW SHOULD I STORE MY LEATHER BAGS?
- Bubble wrap
- Dust bag or pillowcase
- Tissue paper
Stuff your unused leather handbags with bubble wrap or parchment paper to restore and hold its shape. (DO not use newspaper as it will smear)
Store your leather purse in a dust bag or natural-fabric pillowcase. You can wrap the chrome or metallic parts — a chain handle, for example — in clean, acid-free tissue paper. If your bag has metal buckles, tags, or chains, be sure to wrap those pieces in tissue paper. This will keep the metal from pressing against the leather and leaving a mark.
Don’t store your bag right after you clean it or while it is wet, allow it to get air dry then store it. If you’re storing your leather bag long-term, store it where it can breathe, ease open the buckles and straps so impressions are released, or air it every two weeks. This will prevent mold growth, rubbing, or permanent creases in unwanted areas.